CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Oklahoma Center for the Humanities invites proposals from all TU faculty for speakers, performances, screenings, exhibits, workshops and other events aimed at engaging both the campus and a broad public audience. Such programming should reflect our core mission of drawing on the distinctive tools of the arts and humanities (broadly defined) to engage pressing challenges, ideas, and opportunities in our communities. In addition to funding all direct costs, the OCH will provide logistical, advertising, and organizational support.
The following criteria will be used to review proposals:
- While not required, preference will be given to proposals that connect with the annual theme, including in imaginative and unexpected ways.
- Proposals should foreground original contributions by exemplary thinkers or creators, including emerging voices.
- Proposals should include both a central event aimed at a wide public audience and a distinctive opportunity for TU students (e.g. class visit, workshop, etc.).
- In most cases, the total proposed cost should not exceed $3,000. (If funded, OCH will negotiate honoraria and vendor costs; please do not attempt to do so in advance.)
- Funding at a higher level might be possible with some degree of cost sharing from the department, college, or other sources.
Proposals should include the following:
- Your name and home department.
- A 200-word description of the event that includes its format, anticipated audience, and (if applicable) connection to the OCH theme.
- Itemized budget, including any additional potential sources of funding.
- Approval by the department chair (chairs should be copied on proposals or can email Zenia Kish directly).
- Any additional relevant information, such as connections to departmental events, university resources, or Tulsa/Oklahoma communities, events, or histories.
Submit proposals by email to Zenia Kish (firstname.lastname@example.org). Proposals will be reviewed at the start of each month and are subject to available funding. Most events require a minimum of three months’ planning with most campus visits requiring at least six months’ planning.